The ASK Group Safety, Health and Sustainability organization ensures that our company follows the worldwide sector standards, accomplishing our prearranged goals through a regular audit and monitoring process.
The ASK policies about Safety, Health and Sustainability are part of the wider ASK Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. It includes also Environmental responsibilities.
The Top Mangement of ASK Group recognizes the maintenance and the respect of a Safety and Health management system as a primary target in all the Group companies.
To achieve this objective he provides human, economic and physical resources for the entire enterprise organization in order to constantly improve employees health and safety conditions.
In every ASK Company a Responsible of the Service for Prevention and Protection has been designated from ASK Management with the assignment of developing and realizing this principles, while each worker is requested to actively collaborate on their fulfillment.
Our commitment to make ASK working environment more sure
By means of our safety policy the Management obligates every Group Companies in order that:
- every enterprise process conforms with all the laws and rules about working environment health and safety in force in the countries where the Group works, as well as in accordance with the more modern international standards as OHSAS 18001 and SA 8000;
- the safety-related topics are considered key subjects starting from the design and development process of new products up to the changes of the current ones;
- all the company activities are managed with the aim of preventing accidents, injuries, working sicknesses and continually improving performances in the health and safety fields;
- ASK working environments, operative methods and organizational topics are managed in order to protect the safety and the health of employees, third people, enterprise properties and communities where ASK works;
- the machineries and equipments utilized by ASK are compliant to any statutory and regulatory requirement and are periodically checked and maintained;
- all the employees are informed, trained and made aware about any risk existing in the company, their assignments, their responsibilities, their check and surveillance tasks inside enterprise system;
- the whole company organization contributes to achieve ASK targets about health and safety;
- our purpose of improving health and safety is known and shared at any level in the group.
All the ASK Companies follow this health and safety policy. Some of them have already got the related management system certification.
A company can be considered social when, in addition both to respect economic ethic principles and to pursue a long term growth, it contributes to the sustainable development of the entire macroeconomic system, in order to not threatening prospects for future generations to satisfy their needs.
What distinguishes ASK corporate social responsibility and sustainability politics is:
- an ethical leadership in a strong and durable relationship with its public;
- comprehension and balance of both customers and suppliers demands;
- a practical administration of its own environmental impact;
- economies and efficiencies achieved to reduce energy consumption;
- innovation of products and processes;
- regards and rewards for its employees;
- promotion of meliorative and eco-friendly practices among customers and suppliers.
An efficient Company that respects both human and environmental rights
To successfully achieve this goals ASK Top Management takes on:
- managing all our business in a safe, reliable, professional, legal and ethical way, as described in our Conduct Code;
- adopting further measures to reach our sustainability targets, over and above all the rules, laws and standards;
- guaranteeing a working environment that permits employees to better express their own capabilities, overcome any diversity and promote equal opportunities;
- working in respect of employees and working environment health and safety;
- working in respect of human rights;
- involving labor unions, where they are present;
- developing innovative products and processes to provide additional benefits to customers and environment;
- keeping our environmental impact under control, maximizing recycling and reclamation, minimizing waste production;
- analyzing the environmental impact of logistics;
- monitoring the consumption of energy and water;
- guaranteeing an ethical procurement of raw materials and components, for example attending the Conflict-Free Smelter Assessment Programme, developed in 2009 by the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition, and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative, as well as asking our suppliers to embrace these same principles.